SLOE GIN CUPCAKES by Lisa Goerlich
For 500 g mashed berries you’ll need:
- 100 g sugar
- 20 g cinnamon
- 20 ml vanilla extract or fresh vanilla 2x
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
Mix all together and heat up – if needed add a bit of water to keep it smooth
For 6 cupcakes:
For the buttercream:
- 120g butter, softened to room temperature
- 250g icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 30ml Elephant Sloe Gin
- 50g mashed berries mix, squeezed through sift
1. Mix butter and sugar on high speed with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Add the berries, lemon zest and juice. Keep beating on high speed
3. Gradually add the gin. If the buttercream becomes too liquid, chill for a few minutes in the fridge and/or add more powdered sugar.
4. Store in the fridge for up to a week. Before piping on the cupcakes let the buttercream warm up a little bit to make it easier.
5. For the crumble:
- 30g flour
- 20g sugar
- the remaining berries
Mix the rest of your berries (the squeezed-out part), flour, and sugar. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 150C for 15 Minutes. Let it cool and decorate finished cupcakes with it.